Thursday, January 15, 2009

So sad

So, I live a small town about an hour out of Melbourne. I have lived there my entire life. This in turn has some positives and some negatives. Say when Dad died, we had a support of an entire community behind us. But on Tuesday this week.. I get a phone call from my Mum, telling me that a friend of mine was killed in a Car Accident. She was 20 years old. A gorgeous, smart, fully and caring young woman. Someone I have known for 20 years, played many sets of tennis with, had fun with.. is gone forever and she did not even reach her 21st Birthday. What a sad day. I will remember her as the girl who I saw last Saturday night.. dancing and smiling with her Boyfriend. RIP Kelly. You will be very sorely missed.

So this gets me back to my small town.. I have lost countless friends, team members and even a father over the years.. Is it worth living in a town where everyone knows everyone if your going to be subjected to this. I know too many people there, too many people that can be lost..

No comments:

Post a Comment